Re: religious harrassment at work or nothing?
Posted by Stan on 4/20/09
On 2/25/08, Sarah Wilhite wrote:
> On 8/19/04, Rachel wrote:
>> I was just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about
>> my situation. I'm working in a hotel and there is a guy
>> that works there that is constantly spewing Bible verses
>> and singing gospel music very loud. I'm offended because
>> even though I'm a christian I do not have the same beliefs
>> as he does. I have asked my manager to do something but I
>> have found out she believes the same way he does and she
>> does nothing about me feeling uncomfortable. Is this
>> harrassment? Is there anything I can do about it? I'm so
>> bothered by it that I am ready to walk out but I like my
>> job and I don't see why I have to go.
> Dear Rachael,
> I am going through the same exact thing that you describe. I
> don't have any answers for you, but I sympathize with you. A
> boundary has been crossed and the guy you're talking about
> sounds like he is using religion as a drug; something to get
> high off of. Some philosopher once said, "Religion is the
> opiate of the masses." I hope it has gotten better for you.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- religious harrassment at work or nothing?, 8/19/04, by Rachel.
- Re: religious harrassment at work or nothing?, 9/05/04, by Hardy Parkerson, Atty..
- Re: religious harrassment at work or nothing?, 10/14/05, by Sheila.
- Re: religious harrassment at work or nothing?, 2/25/08, by Sarah Wilhite.
- Re: religious harrassment at work or nothing?, 4/20/09, by Stan.