Follow us!

    Re: Please Help Me (Sex Offender)

    Posted by Ozarks Lawyer on 8/17/05

    First, we don't know what state you live in. Second, we
    don't know what specific you were convicted of. If you were
    on probation for two years, my guess is it's a midemeanor.

    If you're talking about Missouri, your conviction cannot be

    On 8/11/05, Trent wrote:
    > Five years ago, I was convicted of sexual misconduct.. I
    > know this was stupid and wrong. I had to go through two
    > years of supervised probation plus attend sexual offender
    > meetings every monday night for two years (without fail).
    > Being an OTR Truck driver, this was a challenge in itself.
    > Sometimes, this registering every three months, no
    > possible way of passing a background check to persue my
    > interest (alcohol - drug counselor), the humiliation, the
    > overwhelming shame is more than I can stand.
    > Outside of this offense, I've never been in trouble with
    > the law. I am 52 yrs old and have quit drinking for 3 yrs
    > now (which had a lot to do with my stupid behavior). The
    > victim was my step daughter who is now married, divorced
    > and has children, and says she doesnt hold anything
    > against me. (I touched her with my hand during my
    > drinking and taking strong medications) (still inexcusable
    > absolutely).
    > three years ago, I wrecked my pickup and (blackout), and
    > have completely quit drinking after 38 years of heavy
    > drinking. My counselor in S.A.T.O.P. over the DWI, (also
    > over sexual programs in a major city, advised me to persue
    > my interest as counselor and get this record exspunged,
    > but I don't know how or where to go. Being 52 yrs old, sex
    > is not very interesting to me anymore but this new career
    > is. I could get off this disabiltiy and start out a new
    > life, but this curse follows me....can I get help?
    > Sometimes it's more than I can take emotionally. Where
    > can I go to live to get relief? Is there an attorney out
    > there that would be willing to take a chance on me? Or do
    > I spend the rest of my life in this mental agony & just
    > finally die?
    > I need help...I need another chance to become productive
    > and respectible human being...I could ful-fill that
    > responsibility, as I said I never even had a misdemeanor
    > outside of this craziness.
    > I'm not just asking, I'm begging someone to help me get
    > over this obstacle at whatever cost. I'm not this person
    > they have made me to appear like. I wouldn't hurt a
    > child, I would die for him/her first. People in this
    > community even tho I've only been here a little over a
    > year know I'm not this kind of person.
    > If there is someone out there who really cares about my
    > pain and wants to help me. I will do whatever
    > it takes, go back to college and start life over.
    > Thanx for reading.

    Posts on this thread, including this one
  • Please Help Me (Sex Offender), 8/11/05, by Trent.
  • Re: Please Help Me (Sex Offender), 8/17/05, by Ozarks Lawyer.

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.