Post: Security Deposit
Posted by wanting my dep on 1/06/09
I recently moved into a older apartment on 10/31. The
landlord is a elderly man living the other side of the
apartment. When I looked at the place, it looked like it
needed a good cleaning. The walls were stained & dirty,
blinds were completely ruined, carpet was stained almost
gray (original color was creme im assuming) with numerous
burn marks. The windows are very very old. I believe they
are the original windows from 1950's. Due to the
conditions we never signed a lease. The old man had saidhe
painted & had the carpet cleaned which was a lie. So I had
the carpet cleaned twice to try & remove the stains, spent
4 days painting the filthy walls, bleached the yellow-
smoke stained cloth blinds. All before we got settled in.
I have all intention of giving this elderly man a 30 days
notice before moving. But I'm being told that he does not
have to give me my security deposit back. Even though I'm
leaving the apartment in better conditions then when I
moved in. My mother told me that by law in Ohio that he
does not have to give out deposit back. Is that true? Is
there any reason that he wouldnt give it back? $600 is
alot of money.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Security Deposit, 1/06/09, by wanting my dep.
- Re: Security Deposit that money is GONE !, 1/06/09, by Lesson learned.......dont move from trailer park.
- Re: Security Deposit that money is GONE ! maybe, 1/06/09, by Mayra.
- Re: Security Deposit that money is GONE ! , 1/06/09, by no its gone on cigarettes and beer.
- Re: Security Deposit that money is GONE ! , 2/10/09, by mexi.