Follow us!

    Re: what can i do

    Posted by GP on 8/09/09

    JD is correct on that. If a claimant is collecting benefits and
    then is incarcerated, their benefits are stopped. If the person
    is incarcerated for more than a year that person is denied their
    benefits and they would have to reapply once they get out of
    prison. They can reapply in prison but their app date will be
    the date they are released.


    On 5/22/09, JD wrote:
    > "The SSA also does pay
    > for benefits while you are incarcerated as they are already
    > taking care of your basic needs such as food and shelter."
    > - says Ms. "Expert" Paralegal
    > NO payments are made while a person is incarcerated!
    > On 5/19/09, maria wrote:
    >> On 3/27/09, duane wrote:
    >>> what are the odds i get ss or disability with a felony. I
    >>> was diagnosed with severe anxiety in prison by the prison
    >>> and have had problems with getting a job and keeping it
    >>> ever since. I dont know what else to do. What are my odds?
    >> I have read the posted responses and it's silly how people
    >> that have no experience in the subject still respond. First
    >> I would like to inform you that I am an experienced Social
    >> Security Disability Paralegal. There are only two ways a
    >> person can be found disable, though a mental or physical
    >> impairment. Under Social Security listings you have the
    >> 12.04, Affective Disorders, this includes the depression
    >> and anxiety. Many factors play a role in determining whether
    >> a person is disabled. This includes your age, education,
    >> past relevant work experience, transferable skills. You did
    >> not provided enough information to determine whether you may
    >> GRID, this is if you are over 50yrs of age, the grid rule
    >> begins its application. However, if you are a younger
    >> individual (18-49) you need to be seeing a psychiatrist, if
    >> you are low income or no income, you need to get indigent
    >> medical assistance from your county. The SSA also does pay
    >> for benefits while you are incarcerated as they are already
    >> taking care of your basic needs such as food and shelter. A
    >> completion of a "Mental Residual Functional Capacity
    >> Questionnaire" is extremely helpful in getting your case
    >> established. 80-90&37; of claims get denied nationwide, but
    > you
    >> have to appeal usually twice. At the ALJ level you have a
    >> court date, this is where most of the claims get approved. I
    >> hope some of this real information has been of assistance to
    >> you, please visit our website at

    Posts on this thread, including this one
  • what can i do, 3/27/09, by duane.
  • Re: what can i do, 4/02/09, by MJ.
  • Re: Zero, 4/13/09, by Annie.
  • Re: what can i do, 5/19/09, by maria.
  • Re: what can i do, 5/22/09, by JD.
  • Re: what can i do, 8/09/09, by GP.
  • Re: what can i do, 2/21/11, by Maria.

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.