Follow us!

    Re: 10 year old Judgement

    Posted by v on 8/18/06

    I would never tell you to break the law. But
    if you were not aware of a non suficiant funds
    check, i'm wonderin how you missed that one my
    self. I would move my money else where ASAp.
    Before the bank freezes any of your accounts.
    Since your money is already in their hands.
    All they have to do is get a court order to
    freeze what you owe them. If they have proof.
    You'll lose that money before you have a
    chance to get it straight with them. Then you
    can kiss it good bye. Just my opinion!

    On 8/17/06, Monica wrote:
    > The Bank called me today advising I had a
    Judgement from
    > them in 1996 regarding an NSF check. I moved
    away to
    > college in 96' and told them I didn't
    receive a Judgement.
    > They faxed a copy of the Judgement to me
    today. They
    > informed me that it is time to collect on
    the debt (which
    > they have doubled the amount) I started
    banking with them
    > again in 2003 and have never been advised of
    > judgement. Is there a statue of limitation
    law in
    > Louisiana. They said they would accept pymt
    arrangements if
    > I wanted to clear it up or if not, I can no
    longer bank
    > with them. I have several CD's currently
    with them, and
    > I'm very upset that I have not been advised
    of this sooner.
    > What can I do?

    Posts on this thread, including this one
  • 10 year old Judgement, 8/17/06, by Monica.
  • Re: 10 year old Judgement, 8/18/06, by v.

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.