Re: Extradition WA CA
Posted by answer on 6/11/09
On 6/10/09, Bill Steinman wrote:
> Can someone be extradited from Washington to California on
> routine traffic stop for a warrant issued in California for
> a misdemeanor?
> Thank you and have a wonderful day,
The words “treason, felony and other crime” in the
Constitution and federal statutes have been held to
include “every offense … known to the laws of the state from
which the accused has fled, including misdemeanors.” This
includes common law crimes as well as statutory crimes. You
can, therefore, be extradited when you are charged with any
offense that is a crime in the state demanding extradition.
However, "can be extradited" and "will be extradited" are
two different situations. The state that wants you must pay
for your extradition. Are you worth the cost to them? I
doubt that CA would pay to have you back.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Extradition WA CA, 6/10/09, by Bill Steinman.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/10/09, by Call an Attorney now !.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by answer.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by who are ya?.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by The Taliban.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by Who cares.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 8/08/09, by Wow!!!.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 8/08/09, by Wow!!.