Re: Extradition WA CA
Posted by who are ya? on 6/11/09
and this was posted by a freaking law student
or an attorney at law?
On 6/11/09, answer wrote:
> On 6/10/09, Bill Steinman wrote:
>> Can someone be extradited from Washington to California on
>> routine traffic stop for a warrant issued in California for
>> a misdemeanor?
>> Thank you and have a wonderful day,
> The words “treason, felony and other crime” in the
> Constitution and federal statutes have been held to
> include “every offense … known to the laws of the state from
> which the accused has fled, including misdemeanors.” This
> includes common law crimes as well as statutory crimes. You
> can, therefore, be extradited when you are charged with any
> offense that is a crime in the state demanding extradition.
> However, "can be extradited" and "will be extradited" are
> two different situations. The state that wants you must pay
> for your extradition. Are you worth the cost to them? I
> doubt that CA would pay to have you back.
Posts on this thread, including this one
- Extradition WA CA, 6/10/09, by Bill Steinman.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/10/09, by Call an Attorney now !.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by answer.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by who are ya?.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by The Taliban.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 6/11/09, by Who cares.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 8/08/09, by Wow!!!.
- Re: Extradition WA CA, 8/08/09, by Wow!!.