Follow us!

    Post: How do I file a complaint against a probation agent?

    Posted by Andrea on 7/13/10

    I would like to know how to file complaints against
    probation agents in WI. Long story, I will try to keep
    brief. Please assume nothing and ask any questions you
    About 6 mos. after my husband and I were married, our
    daughter was born. Around this time, my husband had been
    acting strange, and I started asking if he was cheating.
    He attacked me several times when I asked. The 3rd time
    police were called. He was arrested. My husband came home
    after arrest and began to reveal a drug problem. We were
    talking one a.m. and out of nowhere he choked me until I
    was unconsious. I was not thinking clearly for a period
    after this. 2 days later I attacked him. He called the
    police. I was arrested and charged, but upon telling them
    what happened 2 days before, they took me home and
    arrested & charged him with assault with intent to do
    great bodily harm, DV disorderly, bail jumping. He was
    allowed by the court to come home again. By this time I
    knew how severe his drug problem was. I hired an attorney,
    the best in my county, as I didn't want to see his life
    ruined over a drug problem. This all happened in a few
    weeks time, we just had a baby, I was confused as to what
    was really going on, and before it all started, I thought
    there was a picket fence around my house. A couple weeks
    after I hired attorney for him, he woke me up one morning
    and attacked me again. Beating me for about 3 hours. he
    kept leaving and returning to hit me more. One time I
    locked the door and passerby saw him break a window to get
    back in and called police. He left again, but returned and
    saw police. He went to police station and said I was
    hitting him and we were both arrested. He later told me he
    hit himself in the face. I stopped paying for his atty at
    this time and hired my own, however funds were limited by
    this time. His parents cont. to pay high price atty I
    hired. He had a pretrial investigation.I was interviewed
    after his parents. I told him that my husband was on
    cocaine and gave him proof as when I found out I called
    the police in city he was buying it and turned seller in.
    Husband spoke to those police and admitted this to them
    but was then arrested 3rd time and never ableto assist
    that pd in set up. He asked if I made husband quit job, I
    was puzzled, told him I spoke to boss in person trying to
    save job when he just didn't show up. I was confused. Then
    convicted on my charges, MY attorney was puzzled said he
    get a word in. I was put on probation for 1 year. In this
    time, my p.o. revealed that his parents told investigator
    and other p.o.'s I was on drugs, beating their son, made
    him quit job. Husband said same. He got 8 mos in county
    jail, 4 in huber, 6 yrs prob. I appealed with different
    atty and saw judge and assist d.a. would not even let my
    atty speak. I appealed to have my case dismissed but also
    to remove money owed for court, counseling etc. Was denied
    all in court, but monies owed "disappeared". The district
    attorney that handled the case was running for attorney
    general at time of our cases and while I was still on
    prob. He announced near end of race he would resign as
    D.A. if he lost race. He lost and at that time announced
    he would be going to work for a criminal defense firm, the
    same one I hired for my husband. I have already filed
    formal grievances against d.a. and all attys involved. How
    do I now file a complaint against the p.o. that did the
    criminal investigation in my husband's case. He didn't
    investigate any of my solid info and instead went along
    with the story the attempted murderer and parents told.
    Then continued to spread this slanderous info around p.o.
    office. Please help!!!

    Posts on this thread, including this one
  • How do I file a complaint against a probation agent?, 7/13/10, by Andrea.
  • Re: How do I file a complaint against a probation agent?, 8/18/10, by Ruth.
  • Re: How do I file a complaint against a probation agent?, 8/18/10, by Ruth.
  • Re: How do I file a complaint against a probation agent?, 8/18/10, by Ruth.

  Site Map:  Home Chatboards Legal Jobs Classified Ads Search Contacts Advertise
  © 1996 - 2013. All Rights Reserved. Please review our Terms of Use, Mission Statement, and Privacy Policy.