Attorneys (Insurance Defense)
Location: Los Angeles, Long Beach, Corona, Irvine, CA
Provides legal representation to insureds and the Company before courts, arbitration panels or administrative bodies relating to the defense of personal injury lawsuits. Cases are more complex and usually involve punitive damages with serious injury and/or excess exposure; policy limits offered but not accepted on an excess exposure; significant fractures; and/or surgery. Cases are handled from inception through post-trial motions. Prepares necessary legal documentation, obtains and prepares pertinent defense information, and advises clients and claims personnel on complex legal issues.
- Graduate law degree from an accredited program, fulfillment of state Bar requirements as well as at least 4 years’ insurance defense experience.
- Need to be licensed in CA
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of insurance and tort laws.
- Able to perform legal assignments that are varied and require extensive research and analysis of applicable precedents.
- Strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills to represent client and Company interests in litigation situations• Reviews file contents including pleadings, correspondence, medical records, photographs, police reports. Responding to legal discovery and representing insureds at court hearings and trial.
- Communicates with claims, insureds and opposing counsel.
- Able to work independently with minimum direction and good organizational skills needed to manage high volume of cases.
- Requires considerable local automobile travel, up to 20% of work time.
- Must meet established Company standards regarding personal driving history and current license status to be eligible for position.
How to ApplyIf you are interested, please send a “Word” copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. Please indicate the job and the location in the subject line of your e-mail. Jericho HR Group www.jerichohr.com email@example.com
31 total views, 2 today