SUBCONTRACTOR MAILING LIST
SUBCONTRACTOR is not a traditional mailing list. Please take a moment to review the information below on how to post and reply to postings from the mailing list.
This list is experimental and provided courtesy of Counsel.Net. If the list netiquette is violated the posters will be removed from the list. If the list is abused the service will be discontinued.
- SUBCONTRACTOR is a mailing list for posting announcements and soliciting bids for HTML, CGI, and system administration projects.
- SUBCONTRACTOR is not a two-way mailing list. SUBCONTRACTOR is a bulletin board for web design companies to post notices of projects available for subcontract.
- It is not appropriate to post your resume or any references to the list.
- It is not appropriate to respond to the list regarding any posted jobs.
As this list is experimental, the utility of this system will be evaluated periodically and changes made as indicated. Please send any comments or suggestions about list administration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** HOW TO USE SUBCONTRACTOR ***
* Posting A Project
When you have a project that you would like to open to outside contractors for bidding, you can post your notice of the project to the mailing list. Below is some suggested information to include for the project notice:
- name and contact e-mail at your organization
- description of the project
- any limitations (time, efficiency, etc.)
- hardware and software involved (platform, OS, server, languages, etc.)
- bid ceiling (hourly or project)
* Bidding A Project
When a project listed on the mailing list interests you, RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THE CONTACT LISTED IN THE NOTICE. Do not respond to the list. The list is not an appropriate place to discuss billing. Any discussion of rates may be illegal under US Antitrust Law and will not be tolerated.
If you have any questions about the project posted, please ask them directly to the individual responsible for the post.
When replying privately to the post, you should provide enough information for the organization to make a qualified evaluation of your bid. Suggested information contained in your response might include:
*** REMEMBER - DO NOT POST REPLY BIDS TO THE LIST - POST DIRECTLY TO THE INDIVIDUAL POSTING THE PROJECT NOTICE
- your understanding of the project and methods you would use to complete it
- the time frame for completing the project
- your proposed bid (hourly or project)
- a list of reference URLs, sites, projects, and/or individuals
- any other information you believe would be helpful in evaluating your bid
SUBCONTRACTOR MAILING LIST ADDRESSES
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about the SUBCONTRACTOR Mailing List, please send them to email@example.com.
---- last modified May 03, 2004
© 1996, Counsel.Net. All Rights Reserved.